Sunday, 19 December 2010

Karen Little

Karen Little, of Little Designs came to view are exhibition spaces and give feedback on our Negotiated project today. Karen has a large capacity if knowledge in the design field as she has work with many large retailers and studios throughout her career.

We were asked to do a short 10 minute presentation explaining Negotiated Brief, our thoughts and processes, our strengths and areas of weakness. I felt I had a lot of work to evaluate and i have experienced both a lot of positives and negatives throughout my project that I was happy to present and discuss with Karen. I began talking to her through my brief, the initial drawing stages going into the digital designs, and then how I had imagined to lead into the second half of my brief where I originally thought would be the stronger one. karen instantly replied in relation to this saying thats its good to have such an ambitious brief and the drive to succeed showed through in myself and my work from what she had first seen. I then talked about how i had been disappointed with the result of the second part of my work and had found my first part more enjoyable and successful. She and I both agreed that my designs were both commercial yet had a uniqueness that came from my drawings and theme boards. As i presented my experiments to her and my feelings towards this part of the project she had agreed that this wasn't as exciting as the first yet told me not to be so negative about my findings. Although they mite not have worked doesn't mean the whole project wasn't successful, she told me to see the positives on what i had found out and build on those. she was pleased with my exhibition space and that my lampshades were visual exciting and i had a good sophisticated sense of colour.

All in all I found the presentation with Karen very useful and motivating after a stressful and at some points frustrating projects. Her feed back was all positive and she encouraged me to stick with what i found more enjoyable and keep pushing the idea of print on lampshades, making them more unique and sophisticated so they represent my style more so and make my portfolio stand out from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...