- you have a nice colour sense; this helps your designs to look realy professional.
- you should be proud of the standard of designs that you have achieved. Great work and really good designs.
- You have a good eye and have managed to get different tempos acrodd the range of designs.
- Do your layout and repeats in illustrator next time as its much more reliable.
- Your graphics are lovely, beautifully drawn and show an impressive use of illustrator.
- This style is so clean and nice; it suits being done in illustrator.
- Cuts outs and dot features show real creativity, it adds tempo and movement to the graphics.
- you now need to add that WOW piece, take a risk and draw people in. For example look as Polish and Russian paper cut out idea's, create intricate designs to attract buyers.
- Not as keen on the circles in the flower, the sunflowers has spiky edges, leave this out. some flowers are a little bit messy and just need tweaking.
- When your layering, be conscious of where it gets really messy and create a more balanced design.
- Resolve your pattern and texture.
- Generally you have created contemporary and resolved designs.
- Concerntrate on improving your illustrator techniques ( look at youtube tutorials)
Thursday, 6 May 2010
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Saturday, 1 May 2010
Naomi Obbard Self Directed Brief
To explore the idea of both rural and urban aesthetics, and how they can infuse together. I will be looking and the softness of the rural motifs mixed with the harsh urban structures and materials. I will address the problem of the lack of lush greenery and foliage within our cities and think about how I can incorporate this into the city landscape.
Primary research will be inspired and led from a series of floral drawings and photographs. I aim to produce a range of 4-6 digitally produced designs for a product outcome. Within my research I will aim to identify a specific product to apply my designs to.
Using the vinyl cutter I will produce a range of samples and experiments showing how my designs could be applied to a range of products – identified through my research. I will use the 3D department equipment to apply a range of applications to the products including: drilling, spraying, and cutting . . . etc. I will use a range of different materials such as glass, wood, Perspex and coloured plastic.
Together with the final 4-6 designs I will produce a series of visualizations that demonstrate how the product will be used.
Primary and secondary research
Relevant blog posts
A range of samples and experiments
Final sample and presentation boards including visualisations